Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I don't have much to say - rip a dvd

I am pretty bored! yawn.
I ripped a few dvds. Oh for all the people who don't know how to do this, here a short tutorial for Mac users.

1. download Mac the Ripper
2. download Handbrake

Then put in a dvd and start mac the ripper. The software will remove all the encryption and put the whole movie on your harddrive. Takes about 20 min. Then rund handbrake to convert the movie into quicktime format. Open handbrake, select the just created folder (created by mac the ripper) and look for video_ts file. It just takes a quick scan. Then select the size, I usually select 700 MB so I can burn it on a disc and in case something happen to your original disk you always have a back up.
This takes about 8hrs. And then you are done! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home