Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A glimps into my job hunt

On Friday a lady called me regarding my resume (Monique!). Of course I tried to call her back. In fact i tried 3 times.. nobody picked up ever, no answering machine either. So this moning Monique calls me. "I don't know you, why did you call my number 3 times?" I explained and all of a sudden she remembered. So she switched hats and all of a sudden I was talking to a recruiter. (Still Baby crying in the back though). She made me wait for "a second" while I heard some kind of juice being poured into a glass and a "ahhhh". She then told me about this incredible job opportunity with this ever expanding company. I asked some questions on my own, like if this was a commission based position and how big the company was and what my job dutities would be. She replied she was only the recruiter and had no answers to my questions. But she urged me to come for an interview so she couls tell me more about the job. (More? She didn't know a damn thing on the phone already, so why??)

Different recruiter: I went to meet the lady 1 month ago. She made me wait for 2.5hrs in her office (which was in the Chrysler building, so it's ok.. :)). She said she would transfer my file as she only recruits temp staff. I called her back and emailed her at least 5 times since. I NEVER heard back from her. So yesterday I decided to call until I would get through. (American approach!) I called the receptionist, she told me my recruiter would take my call at 3. I called she said try again at 4. I did, she said call again at 5. I did, she picked up the phone - hung up on me and didn't pick up anymore!

1 Comments:

Blogger MissF said...

Hello, Liat ich glaube du bist meine einzige leserin :)
Ben moechte mich gerne in einem Corporate setting sehen. Weil da kann ich immer zum HR gehen wenn mir jemand bloed kommt. Aber danke fuers angebot! :)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home